Title: Graphic Designer/Film Editor
Duty Station: Sana’a Yemen
Category: Individual Consultant Contract
Duty station: Sana’a
Duration: Three months
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund is the lead UN agency, delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. Guided by this mission, in Yemen, UNFPA is working to ensure that every Yemeni women and girl has the right to access reproductive health care and is protected from gender-based violence. In partnership with local actors on the ground, UNFPA is working to improve the lives of Yemeni women and girls, enabling them to cope with and recover from the humanitarian crisis.
UNFPA is seeking the services of a graphic designer/film editor to support communication and advocacy activities of the UNFPA Country Office, in particular to produce visually appealing info-graphics, short videos, success stories, presentations, factsheets, brochures, posters, web graphics and other visual products to bring a sharper understanding of UNFPA’s humanitarian response in Yemen.
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Assistant Representative, or his/her designated officer, the Graphic Designer/Film Editor will perform the following tasks:
• Layout and design information and communication materials (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
• Support and lead the production and editing short video documentaries and animations
• Design templates for new publications and products in line with communication guidelines and in close cooperation with the communication team
• Create animations in PowerPoint and/or other interfaces for illustrative purposes
• Deliver creative graphic and technical solution for use of new media
• Assist in the designing and production of visibility items for the Country Office
• Liaise with suppliers in layout and production of publication, ensuring timely delivery
• Assist the Country Office in other activities relating to the communication programme
• Any other duties as assigned by the UNFPA Representative
Required qualifications and experience
• Basic university degree or equivalent in graphic design, media and communication or related field
• 1 to 2 years of experience in communication media, with strong practical background in graphic design, including the knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
• Proven skills on video editing applications, with experience in filming and production of short videos
• Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes and colour management
• Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms
• Good knowledge of photography and image editing
• Excellent coordination skills, and an ability to follow instructions, work under pressure and independently as part of a team
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Full proficiency in English and Arabic
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and work experience. UNFPA offers equal opportunities however qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply. This post is open to applicants of Yemen nationality only; preference will be given to applicants who are residents at the respective locations.
Please send your application quoting the vacancy number with covering letter including P11 FORM which can be downloaded from above.
To: firstname.lastname@example.org or to UNFPA Address below:
Deadline for applications: 12 April 2017
Please note that only short listed candidates will be considered and notified.