- Support UNFPA to operationalize data standards developed at the central level, in field operations, train field staff on usage of data programs, compile data on Reproductive Health activities generated through field operations, support analysis and presentation of data for use in management decisions
- Develop working relations with partners to the RH-IAWG and Health Cluster as well as other humanitarian partners and design adequate information gathering tools in order to establish an effective information flow.
- Assist with the analysis of available humanitarian data and, in coordination with partners and local authorities, develop reporting and mapping tools and formats; train and assist RH-IAWG members on how to use them.
- Provide information management support to RH-IAWG members (i.e. production of maps, info-graphics, reports, assessment forms, trainings, e.t.c.); assist in the coordination of Inter Agency Rapid Assessments; identify data needs in humanitarian community for development of more accurate products and services.
- Contribute to generation of lessons learned, identification of information flow problems and recommend solutions; support the development of strategies and mechanisms for information flow to keep critical data up to date.
- Contribute to the overall coordination of Information Management of the country office; perform the Single Reporting Format (SRF) data collection, compiling, processing, analyzing, and producing products such as maps, infographics, databases and mapping reports on a regular basis that aid for forward planning as well as impact analysis
- Promote the use of inter-operable technologies among cluster partners; assist in the capacity building of the government actors/counterparts in use of these technologies
- Any other duties as requested and assigned by the supervisor
- Commitment to UNFPA’s values on integrity, embraces cultural diversity and change.
- Results orientation and commitment to excellence; analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and management skills to work with government institutions, NGOs, and humanitarian partners;
- Good interpersonal skills and a committed team player
- Ability to provide conceptual innovation to support programme effectiveness.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Good networking and partnership building skills.
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology, Humanitarian, Demography or related field, a Bachelor Degree will be an advantage.
- Two years of relevant experience in programme/ project management
- Proficiency in current office software application and corporate IT systems, advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables functions, etc.) is essential
- Proven skills to analyze statistical information, ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and operating procedures, and ability to compile and holistically analyze divers datasets.
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrate understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and work experience. UNFPA offers equal opportunities however qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply. This post is open to applicants of Yemen nationality only.
Please send your application quoting the vacancy number with covering letter including P11 FORM which can be downloaded from above.
To: email@example.com or to UNFPA Address below:
UNFPA Hadda area – behind L’Azurde Hotel
P.O. Box 7272, Sana’a
Deadline for applications: 20 March 2017
Please note that only short listed candidates will be considered and notified.