Post Title: Humanitarian Assistant
Type of Contract: IC-Individual Contract
Level: ICS 6 (Equivalent to level GS6)
Duration: 9 Months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Ibb
Date of Issue: 04/10/2016
Closing Date: 13/10/2016
Following the ERC activation of a system-wide Level 3 response to the Yemen crisis on 1 July 2015, an operational Peer Review (OPR) was undertaken in December 2015 and expansion of UN international staff presence in Yemen is one of the key recommendations of this review. Establishment of UN hubs in Hodeidah, Sada’a, Ibb and Aden is a step taken by UNCT which is ongoing.
UNFPA has started working actively on the same line with other UN agencies and deployed an area humanitarian coordinator through surge to IBB hub to deliver UNFPA commitments in IBB&TZIZ Governorates. Maternal &neonatal health national program analyst is also underway to be based in IBB. The need for support staff in IBB Hub to provide support to UNFPA office and to support both national and international staff in IBB Hub.
Duties and Responsibilities
The UNFPA Humanitarian Assistant in IBB hub will provide day to day office support and work under the direct supervision of the maternal and Neonatal health national program analyst. The contractor will sport UNFPA Office in IBB-HUB and field operations and may be required to travel within IBB&TAIZ governorates subject to prevailing security situation. The contractor will have responsibilities of liaising and maintaining regular communication with partners in IBB &TAIZ.
The contractor will perform the following duties:
- Keep up to date records on UNFPA programme in IBB&TAIZ and maintain daily communication with CO on update of IBB Hub as relevant.
- Assist in preparing an inventory of humanitarian partners, including national and international NGOs in IBB&TAIZ.
- Provides logistical support to program by coordinating review meetings and other related workshops and events. Trains and guides partners on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Contributes jointly with communication team to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices and approaches and share with communication team in CO to draft relevant materials for advocacy.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining baseline information on health facilities, availability of emergency obstetric care, drugs and medical supplies.
- In collaboration with humanitarian agencies and local authorities assist in organizing GBV &RH working groups meetings through providing logistic, admin and secretariat support of both WGs and share reports.
- Assist in mapping RH/GBV service facilities and help in developing training plans in GBV prevention and response.
- Work closely and systematically with key humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders to support coordination of reproductive health programme in IBB&TAIZ.
- Support UNFPA staff in assessments of contractors and UNFPA partners.
- Provide logistic support to UNFPA Joint missions and activities related to emergency and humanitarian interventions with UN sister agencies, OCHA, WHO, UNHCR and UNICEF within IBB &TAIZ.
- Perform other functions as may be requested by direct supervisor , Deputy Rep or Rep.
Developing and applying professional expertise/Business acumen
Thinking analytically and strategically
Working in teams/managing ourselves and relationships
Communicating for impact
Providing logistical support
Managing documents, correspondence and reports
Managing information and work flow
Planning, organizing and multitasking
Supporting financial data analysis
Qualifications and Experience Required
Diploma in public health, nursing, Gender or other related social science/ development studies, management/Administration,.
A minimum of three to five years of experience in one of the mentioned fields
Prior field experience in the UN system or humanitarian response filed will be an asset
Proficiency in English and Arabic languages required
Initiative and sound judgment. Dedication to the United Nations principles and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with concerned partners
Interested candidates please send your letter of application, CV or P11form to Elizabeth Mlangwa: [email protected]
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 13TH OF OCT 2016 4PM