You are here

Flash Update #02 Escalation and Response in Marib, Al Jawf and Sana'a Governorates

Since 19 January 2020 military operations escalated significantly within Marib, Sana’a and Al Jawf Governorates. To date, 1,345 newly displaced households (9,415 individuals) have been identified by the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) partners, with reportedly increasing displacement.

Most of the households have been displaced to Marib City, Al Khalq, and Ma’rib Al Wady Districts within Marib Governorate, Bani and Husheish Districts in Sana'a and Al Hazm District in Al Jawf Governorate.

Of those newly displaced, 37 percent are displaced to collective sites, while the remaining 63 percent are residing with the host community.

Urgent needs as reported by partners include additional food assistance, non-food items, clothing and protection of civilians still trapped between the frontlines.